Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Road to Kentucky Oaks 2024 Report (2-12-24)

 



By Jarrod Horak

The Suncoast and Las Virgenes Stakes were the latest road to Kentucky Oaks 2024 points races. In this article, I will look back at those races and update my “Fabulous 5” Oaks contenders. The UAE Oaks (Feb. 16), Rachel Alexandra (Feb. 17), and Sunland Oaks (Feb, 18) are the next Kentucky Oaks points races. 

In my last Kentucky Oaks update, I dropped Thorpedo Anna drops off my list due to no published works since her runner-up finish in the Golden Rod (G2) last November. She had her first workout of the year on Feb. 10 (3f in 37.80 at Fair Grounds). If she keeps up her regular morning activity, I can see her being ready for the FG Oaks on March 23. 

I also mentioned Ways and Means in my last Oaks report. Chad Brown’s filly has recovered from an ankle chip. She returned to the worktab on Feb. 4 (easy 3f in 38.80), and went 3f again in 37.60 on Feb. 11.  

Read more at Today's Racing Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment